I'm not even sure if indecision is an appropriate word for my feelings toward my family room--I can't figure out where to start! The entire first floor of my home is open--all of the rooms flow into each other. I would like to paint but right now I'm not ready to make a decision on the colors for the entire first floor. Here are some pictures, hopefully I can call them "Before" pictures soon!
* The fireplace. I've always wanted a stone fireplace and I finally got one (this in house #5 for me btw). I love the stone, I love the colors of the stone.
* The rug. I know its plain and boring but once again I choose this because I didn't know what to do with this room color-wise. Even though its plain, its real comfy, I put a carpet pad underneath to make it plush. And I like the light color on the dark floor.
* The blinds. Like the ceiling fan, they are dark and kind of weigh down the room but they are functional and look like nice quality blinds.
Here the things that I can live with:
* The ceiling fan. I feel like it weighs the room down but I like having a fan for the function. I think its a little dark so maybe I'll work on that.
* The sofas. I've had these monsters for a while (9 years?) and they have been through the ringer with the kids. The cushion covers have been washed so many times. They are a little large for this room but still comfortable and still look pretty good after fluffing. I would love to have a sleeker sectional that would wrap around the 2 outer walls.
Here is the room layout (pardon my limited photoshop skills):
Here is my todo list:
* Curtains to add color and/or pattern. Its spring and I really want something bright.
* End tables.
* Lighting for either side of the sofa (maybe table lamps), and for the chair (floor lamp?).
* Decorate the fireplace mantle--something simple.
* New/different artwork on the walls.
* I would LOVE to get a flat screen TV and hang on the wall to replace this old dinosaur, but that is not in the budget right now.
Just writing this post is motivating me. I will update you soon with my progress.
I would love to hear your suggestions!